Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #1 Set up my Blog

I have two free hours each week near a coffee shop with free WiFi while my son does his Tae Kwan Do, so two hours a week should be enough to make a dent in this project.

I actually set up my blog with the last posting, but now I'm taking a few minutes to think about the whole thing. So, I'll title this posting as 'Thing #1'.

Setting up my blog for the first time - an exhilarating process - I had a tight schedule, and was trying to get the Blog, the Avitar, and all the details set up, and take careful notes so I would be able to get back in. And then find the time to actually post.

In the mean time, I have taken a few minutes to review some other postings, especially from the first session of '23 things', and it looks like quite a few people managed the exhilaration of Thing 1, but never made it back in.

Also, while looking at other blogs, I see some academic librarians, quite a few public librarians, but I've only noticed one (from the previous session) who were from a corporate library. I'm quite curious how web 2.0 (library 2.0) can/will fit into the corporate library environment (not to anticipate my thoughts about thing #2) .

My workplace has made some stabs at wikis and blogs for different workgroups and corporate-wide, so in a sense people all around me are trying to see how these new technologies will fit into our futures as individuals and organizations, and I'm hoping to use this experience to get my mind around these opportunities. The technologies are here (even in the corporation), but how can we apply them? Stay tuned!

No comments: