Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 4 - Explore Flickr

Well, I'm doing my 'explore Flickr' thing today. I have wanted to learn about Flikr since I first heard about it a couple of years ago. And now that I have a digital camera and 2000 (+) photos I took in April - l reallyI am willing to learn about any photo management tool.

So, my introductory exploration of Flickr has been to search for label Vietnam, and download a photo that I found stunning ( this one which I couldn't load is called Sunset fishing, by Kalabird).

Now I'm getting bogged down in how to load a photo, when I CAN download a photo, etc. I was intending to follow the insstructions, but I don't know if I have the right to download. I was planning to credit the author, but this seems more complicated that I had thought. In the midst of this, I received a message that my photo has been downloaded to Flickr. Now I wonder - which photo of mine went there? I'm a bit worried.

I expect I'll get further involved in one of these tools, and (intentionally) load some of my own work, but until then, I'd like to see what this looks like as a posting.

No comments: