Monday, August 18, 2008

Thing 6 - Online Image Generators


Well, I have generated a trading card. It went pretty smoothly. I tried to enlarge the original photo and cut out background, but I didn't succeed. I probably need some sort of photo editing software. I am also a bit uncomfortable using 'browse' on a site such as this - can someone view the contents of my files? I hope not. Not that I'm paranoid . . .

I put a file photo of my cat Dimitri, who passed away just about a year ago. I miss him.

As for the applications of this software, it is quite clear that the 'trading card' concept has been used fabulously by staff at the Carleton library. I saw them when I toured their library in May, and was really impressed. We in corporate libraries use business cards for our 'clients', but these cards are creative and inspired. Memorable. Clear applications in the corporate world!

No comments: