Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thing 8 - Share your creations

Well, my first thought is that when I was a newly minted librarian in this organization, I was taught to always bring backup transparencies whenever I had to make a presentation. We had PowerPoint slides which I'd send in the network, or have loaded on the hard drive of the department laptop we'd use ( I couldn't believe that transparencies were used, but every conference room had an overhead projector in the corner, as a backup). Recently, the backup of choice has been a memory stick. But to load my set of slides onto the Internet - quite a concept (if I can trust the network connections).

I'd love to set up a database on books I've read, for my personal use. From a professional perspective, it would be nice to have a web-based resource available for comments on books or journals that my library is acquiring (print and/or online). People within our system could comment on titles they've read or ordered? Or, I'm looking for feedback on a resource - maybe I could sent a note or link to my user group that they could share thoughts? A blog, even?? (duh!)

Well, I've settled on a Flikr badge to meet the requirements of this 'thing', but my interest is sparked on how to help my clients communicate on a resource that I monitor. Kind of a no-brainer, but that's why I'm here . . .



www.flickr.com



No comments: