Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thing 14 - LibraryThing

I wish, over the course of 23 Things, I'd had more time to look at other 23 things blogger blogs. I attempted to look at 2 or 3 each time I blogged, and as a result have added some other pleasing things to my own blog. One of the first blogs I reviewed was from someone who jumped ahead to the LibraryThing early - her second or third blog.

Now, I see why. LibraryThing contains some of the fun of searching in Amazon.com for books you have read, or want to read. Opportunities to read the ranking and the reviews, lists of similar books, etc. (I have spent time on Amazon.com doing just that).

I entered about eight books that I have read recently - quite different in subject matter. It was fun to look at links for other people who have some of the same books. This, I will continue to access - but I see no work-related application. Though we in my library were just discussing using publicly available tools for a catalog - I see how this could be done, and quite easily !

No comments: