Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thing-free for the first time !

This is my first blog post since I finished my 23-Things-on-a-Stick blog project supported by Minnesota libraries.



So, the first thing I did was log onto my Blogger dashboard and skimmed through some headlines - one of the blogs I'm monitoring has to do with LIS news (multiple posts per day). I read about the California State Deputy Librarian, Stacey Aldrich, projecting four things to watch in the future of libraries, and she referenced a Sony Corp patent for beaming sensations directly into the brain - part of the next generation of gaming. Link is to the USA today story. I'll practice looking up this patent later (what's the US class, I wonder??) .



So, the system seems to be working. Except now I'm supposed to be pondering how the development will impact libraries. I think the point is that libraries, particularly public libraries, need to be aware of the development of technologies on the horizons. And I recall about three years ago, one of my clients asked me questions about computer systems which accepted input from anywhere in the room. He must have read some early promo about Wii. and now, they're everywhere (even the state fair this year) !

Before finishing up, I took a look at the recent blog additions to Science Blogs from the past 24 hours. Always something interesting there! Ah, this is fun, and relaxing!

No comments: