Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thing 22 - What did I learn today ?

Keeping up-to-date is the idea behind this 'thing'. I am glad this project has had so many (23) steps, because as I've developed proficiency, I can easily do things that were difficult when I first began. Such as signing up to monitor blogs. And I've found a more sensible way to do it - from the dashboard of this blog. I have now directed about four interesting (and active) blogs to be delivered here, where I already am. I guess I find GoogleReader to be mostly out of the way, off my beaten track.

I plan to keep this blog somewhat active. I will monitor my incoming blogs, keep my eyes open for other good blogs to monitor, etc. And add good ones. Specifically, and measurably, I plan to add to my 23-things blog at least once a week. Maybe check up on my blog monitoring from work. I still have weekly visits to the coffee shop near Tae Kwan Do, so I will keep using that time for blogging.

The goal will to keep my brain engaged in Web 2.0 tools and applications of those tools to help foster interactive communication within my organization.

In a related vein, I plan to start a second blog, a more personal blog, which I can share with my extended family (which is thinly spread on three continents). That blog will start from the same dashboard, which will increase the likelihood that I'll review the blogs I'm monitoring, and apply more of the 'fun' tools on my personal blog. More opportunity to explore these tools. Photos, fun, communication.

I'm psyched!

No comments: